Friday, August 10, 2007

Top of the morning to ya

One of the first things I do each morning while I'm drinking my Saban Moca (yep, Mal got the local Starbucks to get me my own coffee brand) is read some of the articles from the boneheads in the press. I must say, I really spout off some memorable quotes. Like this one, "We have an opponent in this state that we work every day, 365 days a year to dominate."

I don't know if ya'll have noticed, but I got kids lining up to get in the door at this place. We are literally running circles around that crew down at Auburn. We must have about 40 verbal commitments already. Tommy what's-his-name has got to be feeling like he really missed a chance over the last five years. I know he has one for the thumb, but I don't think anybody outside Auburn remembers or even cares since the King showed up. And besides, I have the finger.

And speaking of Kings, ESPN has a great article on the hierarchy of college football teams. Guess what? Alabama is in the "King" category. Without a doubt the ESPN blowhards would have put us in the court jester category just a year ago. But that was KS-1. The year before King Saban arrived.

No comments: