Tuesday, August 7, 2007

I wasn't gonna do this

Ok, I have to be self-indulgent. I never do this. But do you have the feeling I'm the next Elvis? Heck, I couldn't believe the reception I got when I landed in Tuscaloosa back in January. Got a kiss from some little miss hottie in a 'Bama jersey. I wonder why she hasn't called?

Then there was the spring football scrimmage. Wait, Mal says call it a game. I'll be dang if 92,000 people didn't show up for that thing. I don't think we drew that many folks in a season at Toledo.

So I went away, and tried to do some nice guy interviews to cool down the jets of the press. Mal made me. Well, "made' would be a strong word since I run this place now. He kindly suggested it while signing my $32 million contract. But I did fix it for the future, cause I limited the number of times I will do those fru-fru alumnoid functions in my contract. Damnit, I'm a football coach.

Well, those nice-guy interviews must have worked. When I arrived at SEC media days, I was like a rock star. Hell, the Beatles and Elvis ain't got nothin on me in this state. They are so starved for a winner here. Anyway, I was definitely the bell of the ball. I had the national media dudes eating out of my hands. Even the ones who keep sayin I lied to them when I left Miami. Morons.

No comments: