Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday afternoon on the Quad

Saban Chimes? Naa, that might be a bit much before next year. Mal says I should cool my jets. But my wife simply loves this place (except for that little kiss on the cheek when we landed last January). Apparently our phones have been ringing off the hook since I made my diary public. Mal says he might even get a computer for this.

Just took a walk across the Quad on the way back from lunch over at the Ferguson Center. Must have signed a thousand autographs. These kids love me. Yes, it's hotter than Tiger fat in a fryin pan, but what are ya gonna do about it? It seems the local press row - all hanging out in their air conditioned motor homes - are making quite a deal of my not having sympathy for my players in this heat.

This is The University of Alabama for cryin out loud. Doesn't everybody realize what a crappy record this school had last year? Not that Steak Boy left me tons of talent, but even Bill Curry and Mike DuBose won SEC Championships here. If we were Ole Miss or Vandy or Auburn or somethin I could understand the belly aching to just call it a day, but we're gunning for a championship. I'm the King making $4m a year, and I make it so.

I see the press over there all cozy. I'd love to see Paul Finebaum and Cecil Hurt do a 50-yard dash for my next sizzling quote. I wonder if either of them could make it. Maybe one of those ESPN blowhards would like to jump in there too. Corso? Ha. First one to midfield gets the next interview. Roll Bama.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just got your link from the Memphistider. You've got some funny stuff.

Anonymous said...

I agree with this poster. This stuff is hysterical!

St. Nick said...

Well thanks guys. Just got your notes before I head over to Lake Tuscaloosa. Enjoy your evening. Roll Bama.