Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Let's turn up the heat

Folks, we started two-a-days. This morning when we hit the field it was already hot enough to fry some Tiger meat on the pavement. My boys sure are working hard. None of them puked this morning, so they are getting in better shape. We'll see how they perform this afternoon when the temperature hits 100 degrees.

By the way, I still wear the vest in this heat. Makes me feel in control.

Threw everybody a bone with a depth chart. Mal says I need to do this to keep the fan base energized. Decided I would play with their minds and talk about the old 49ers and Jimmy Johns at fullback. I'm not sure Jimmy will hit the field this fall, but it sure made for some good fodder at the local barber shop.

Got a kick out of reading Cecil Hurt's article at the Tuscaloosa News this morning. Doesn't he get that I don't like the press - especially brown nosers? He really laid it on thick in his morning column. Talked about the enjoyable aspects to covering the "rapid-fire workings of the Saban mind." Did you get that out of a romance novel? What the heck. I just talk, and these guys lap it up like cats over milk. Cecil, buddy, we're never gonna be friends, so stop trying so hard. You'll not get the scoop ahead of anybody else.

No comments: