Monday, August 13, 2007

I knight thee King Nick II

I'm the first to admit that I'm immortal. I will probably never leave the earth, and coach 'Bama football for the next 1,000 years - cause that's what Kings like Napoleon did. Still hard to believe France was ever in charge of anything. I'm pretty sure I could take some 'Bama Militia and own that place. Renaming the Eiffel Tower in my honor would be cool. Anyway, I digress.

Mal has some worries about my leaving before my contract is up. Mal, look at my history, and please tell me you're planning for this. Contract Boy sees this from a totally different perspective. He's getting something like 5% of $4m a year in management fees. I can't do that math in my head, but Contract Boy tells me that's about $1m a year. One of the reasons I love that guy so much is that he's so good with the numbers.

Anyway, it's the 21st century and stuff. And it seems like since I'm King, I should be able to clone myself. Come on, what's better than one King Nick? Bingo, two King Nicks. Rather than leaving Tuscaloosa when I decide to head to Lake Burton, I could just pull the Clone Boy out of the closet and put him on the sideline. Nobody would be the wiser. I'm King of the Football Universe, and such a genius too.

This seems like a win-win. I could leave immediately after the University renames the stadium in my honor for pulling this program out of the porta-potty Steak Boy left it in. Mal would have a plan for the next coach. King Saban II. Wow, I could save his ass for a second time. And Contract Boy doubles his fees to $3m a year. Roll Bama.

1 comment:

onebamaman said...

A strategy taken straight from the playbook of a political master, The "King"fish of Lousiana. Huey Long wouldn't leave a political post untill a proper clone was in place to carry his agenda. Long live Saban and his SideKing!

Keep up the good work, I'm sure it's good for someone other than me!

How about in honor of the Kings procession, instead of Roll, Tide Roll. we now say " Process, Tide, Process!