Monday, August 27, 2007

Crimson Karma vs Crimson Carma

It's less than a week before kick-off, and a sense of peace has come across me. It really got me to thinking about the Universe, and my place in it.

My wife Terry started this cool thing called Crimson Karma this fall at the University. It's all about doing nice things and having it come back to you in some fashion. Clearly she is much nicer than me. It's very very cool. I decided that I wanted to talk about Karma myself.

First, the name. I need to distinguish this. So I'm calling this "Crimson Carma." See, I changed the "K" to a "C." I'm so clever since that cover of SI. So what is Crimson Carma?

Crimson Carma by The King
It's knowing I am the King and that the conference is already shaking
It's knowing we're better than people think already
It's knowing 92,000 care so much that they show up for a meaningless scrimmage
It's knowing that nobody cares the cow college has one for the thumb
It's knowing Lester is so distracted his Tigers are about to screw it up in September
It's knowing the national press is now eating out of my hands
It's knowing the question isn't "if" but "when" are we going to win the next championship
It's knowing we won three or four national titles but we get to call it twelve
It's knowing Pumpkin Boy is feeling pressure before we even hit the field
It's knowing Cockadoodle is ticked off at the USC administration
It's knowing that JoPa is now using a playstation for practice. And laughing.
It's knowing my name will adorn one of these street signs
It's knowing we're not distracted by text messages or "substance" policies
and, most importantly,
It's knowing that Auburn has now become an afterthought in this state

Peace out. Time for some yoga. Roll Bama.

No comments: