Thursday, August 9, 2007

My crystal ball

Mal says I should at least take a look at the schedule to see who we’re playing this year. I keep telling him it’s about process, not destination. When I realized he had us going to flippin Florida for a game to see some of my old press friends, I thought I should review the whole schedule to make sure I will let my team play the games. Cause I reminded Mal that I’m now in charge, not Paul Jr or the BOT. Or Mal for that matter. Let’s see what we got here.

Sept. 1 Western Carolina (Tuscaloosa)
I give this game 5 stars. Sure to be an ESPN Classic. It’s my first game as King of Tuscaloosa. I hope they put the score on one of those Golden Flake potato chip cans like the Bear had. I may let my boys run up the score for some good pub. ‘Bama 52 WCU 0

Sept. 8 Vanderbilt (Nashville)
Vandy? Are you kidding? When are we going to drop this ship from the conference? ‘Bama 31 Vandy 3

Sept. 15 Arkansas (Tuscaloosa)
I wonder if Houston Nutt will quit texting long enough to coach this game. ‘Bama 20, Ark 10

Sept. 22 Georgia (Tuscaloosa)
The Dawwwwgs come to T-town. Seems like another opportunity for me to get on TV about a million times. ‘Bama 17 UGA 16

Sept. 29 Florida State (Jacksonville, FL)
Exactly how old is Bowden? This is a great “break-out” game for my program. National TV, Florida sunshine, and whoopin a former great coach. Bobby, take a breather. Fans, take something to drink. I could use some extra tickets for my well-wishers that already live in South Florida. Maybe they’ll come watch to see what a championship team actually looks like. ‘Bama 27 FSU 20

Oct. 6 Houston (Tuscaloosa)
Houston, you have a problem. You suck, and I am king of the greatest tradition in the history of sport. ‘Bama 77 Houston 11

Oct. 13 Ole Miss (Oxford, MS)
I think they have a grove or something. But I don’t think they have a QB, or a decent coach. He’s definitely no rock star. ‘Bama 22 Ole Miss 6

Oct. 20 Tennessee (Tuscaloosa)
I’m not too worried about this one. By October 20, UT will have more kids in jail than on the field. Not only that, but I hear ‘Bama people hate Phil more than satan himself. ‘Bama 24 UT 20

Nov. 3 LSU (Tuscaloosa)
Les, who’s your daddy? Seriously, you drop the f-bomb on me after what I did for you? This might get hyped as the game of the century. I’m thinking of coming out a la Joe Namath with one of those fur coats on. Panty hose though? Nope, that’s for Les. ‘Bama 9 LSU 7

Nov. 10 Miss. State (Starkville, MS)
Poor Sly. He seems like a nice guy. First, Mike Shula takes his name off the practice trophy. Then he puts it back. Sly beats ‘Bama, cause Shula has a name but no game. Then Steak Boy gets fired. Uh oh, the King is now in town. Doesn’t look good dude. ‘Bama 34 MSU 7

Nov. 17 Louisiana-Monroe (Tuscaloosa)
I didn’t know Mal wanted us to have two spring scrimmages. ‘Bama 96 ULM 0

Nov. 24 Auburn (Auburn)
Ok, if I am the King, then Tubby must be the court jester. I’ve been here, what, 6 months and I already have pushed him well off the front page. Just ask Paul Finebaum, it’s all he can talk about. I’m not gonna lie, this might be a tough game. ‘Bama 63 AU 9

So it looks like we’re going undefeated in the regular season. I will be the toast of the town… again. Mal, when do I get my street? I think it’s in my contract.Over and out.

No comments: