Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Legend is my boy

So I told you last week that I'm King, and 'Bama ain't playing no stinkin 11:30 am game for Abe Financial Sports for the season opener. I was simply emphatic about this with Mal.

Apparently, the SEC Commissioner dude, who thinks he's in charge (of what, I'm not quite certain) called Mal up. Said, "Mal, it's between you and Florida. And Florida is the defending National Champs. So you gotta take the early kick-off time. I don't care what Nick says"

Mal brings this crap to me. "Mal, give me the damn phone."

So I call the Commish. Cause I'm the King. "Commish, this is bull crap. First, you will address me as King Nick. Second, you go tell Urban Legend he gets the early kick-off, or Alabama is seceding from the Southeastern Conference."

"You're joking," he said.

"Negative. The Big 10 or 11 or whatever the hell it is is looking for a 12th team. 'Bama used to run this conference, and I'll be damn if upstart programs like Florida are going to call the shots. Don't forget I have connections up there."

Wa la, Florida gets the early kick-off time. See you on September 1. Late in the day even. Roll Bama.

No comments: