Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sunday morning Sabamoca

Well, well, well. It was quite a Saturday on the gridiron. The King had a huge day, and the Jester nearly wet himself. I think there were nearly as many fans outside the stadium hoping for a glimpse of me as there were fans in it. Let's review the day's activities.

First, the important stuff. Did ya'll notice those cool 'Bama shirts we were all wearing on the sidelines? Yeah, you guessed it, the King picked that out himself. I wanted to wear Birks with the pants, but nobody - including Terry - thought this was a good idea.

Appalachian State? Are you kidding me? The ESPN blowhards kept saying how they really were a championship team, even though they came from a lower level. But are you serious? Did any of this press dudes pick Appy State before kickoff? Hell no. The press are sheep. Again.

Pumpkin Boy got his ass kicked out in Berkeley. You know, on the one hand I wanted them to beat Cal for SEC supremacy, but on the other, it was pretty nice to see the Big Orange do the Big Flop. Somebody just turned up the heat in Knoxville.

Notre Dame sucks. Somebody schedule them for us immediately.

Auburn. Jester looked like he was about to wet his pants late in the fourth quarter. Can you imagine if they had actually lost? I heard the Auburn Board of Trustees was already warming the plane for a coaching search. If Kansas State can nearly pull the upset, I'm looking forward to our little visit over there already.

The Western Carolina Catamawhos did a great job .... playing road kill. I told ya, there would be all kinds of ceremonies, and one major butt-kicking. I wasn't even far off on the score prediction. #29, whatever his name is, did a great job. That first touchdown was pretty electrifying. Sabamania was, well, Sabamania. Get out the straw hats baby.

Mal said I should do something nice for their coach. So I signed a football with the score on it and sent it his way. Gosh, that thing will be worth a fortune, so I hope he hangs on to it. He didn't seem as happy at receiving it as I was to give it.

Saban Field at Bryant-Denny Stadium. Roll Bama.

No comments: