Saturday, September 1, 2007

Game Day: Western Carolina

Folks have been clamoring all week for me to let you guys in on what's gonna shake out at Bryant-Denny this evening. First, a little housekeeping.

As much help as we gave Croom's staff, it's amazing they got their ass kicked like they did against LSU - at home, no less. I'm not sure Lester's team is that good, but it it pretty clear State has no talent. 45-0? At home? The ESPN blowhards kept saying how State had improved over last year. True, they gave up 52 points last year. I can't wait to take my team over there.

So this day is gonna be full of all kinds of ceremony - for the King Saban Era begins a little after 6pm this evening. I started the day with some light meditation and yoga, followed by a full breakfast. Terry can certainly scramble some eggs. I had her play a little Skynard while I drank my Sabamoca. You know, those are sweet sounds.

Oh yeah, we're playing Western Carolina Catamawhos. Their AD said he would knock $5k off the check we owe them if I shook his hand before game time. Wow. I'm more King than I thought. Mal says this is a nice gesture on my part. I think it's economics.

Anywho, the crowd will roar a few times while we go through warm-ups. Then I will run out with the team to the sounds of other former Kings here - Bryant, Stallings, and then Me. Yep, I'm gonna be on the jumbotron. You guys will absolutely pee in your pants when you hear me coming booming over the loudspeakers. "We have an opponent in this state that we work everyday, 365 days a year, to dominate." Hell yes. Sabamania will be out of control.

We'll get up 30-0 with the starters. I'll pull them out, then we'll limp in with a 47 - 3 victory. Pretty nice way to start my reign here in T-town. Write down the score, it's going on my statue next to Bear in a few years. Roll Bama.

No comments: