Saturday, September 22, 2007

Game Day: Georgia

The mystery is solved. The Dawgs closed their practices this week because I worked for Belichick. Mark, you're so clever to have figured that out. It did make getting our cameras and microphones into their huddles a bit more challenging. But we finally just offered the waterboy $10 bucks and he snapped this shot.

All you can say is "wow." The Georgia team has decided that arranging little dudes on the electric football table is the way to go. Mark, you seem swuft, but I can tell you Gilberry is gonna get to Stafford a whole lot quicker than the electric end.

The other item of note is all the moaning by Georgia fans about the 6:45 pm start. Are you kidding me? Focusing on spyin and game times ain't gonna get it done for Georgia. What about some focus on the game itself?

Folks, it's electric here in Tuscaloosa. GameDay is set-up over near the stadium. You can hear the ESPN dudes doing their thing, and there is the distinct smell of bourbon in the air. It's not even noon. Reminds me of Baton Rouge, except we've won a bunch more titles here.

All I will say about last week is that it was last week. It's time to continue this march towards a championship. If you thought you saw wrinkles from us against Arkansas, you ain't seen nothing yet. I was so inspired by watching Jester's collapse last week against Mississippi State that I came up with some fun stuff for the Dawgs.

I'm expecting the crowd to be louder than it ever has. I don't think the Dawgs will try to distract us with circus tricks as Mal said earlier this week, but check out this shot of Richy Richt. Clown-like? Expect us to get up on the Dawgs early, and deliver the knock-out punch. Looks like he had a V-8.

Ok, I'm finishing getting ready. Believe it or not, I've agreed to go get interviewed by Corso and Company over on ESPN GameDay. I've had my coffee, I'm dressed in the suit, and am ready to go continue this feel-good tour that started three weeks ago. Terry says this is not about football today. It's about Carma. Crimson Carma.

Roll Bama.

No comments: